December 27, 2007

Monkey's First Christmas

Monkey had a wonderful first Christmas. He didn't quite have down the ripping off the paper part, he preferred to just eat it. He enjoyed his presents, but I think was a little overwhelmed by all the new stuff. Kyle and I have a real desire not to overdo it when it comes to gift giving. We bought him 1 "big" toy and a few small things from Ikea. His favorite toy was a stuffed soccer ball we bought at Ikea. He LOVED it, he rolled around on the floor, stuffing his face in it and having an overall good time. It was just too cute. I caught a little video of it and if I can figure out how to post it on here I'll give it a whirl.

Christmas day ended up being a quiet day and was really enjoyable. We ate breakfast, opened gifts, played some Carcassonne, ate Swiss cheese fondue, then watched National Lampoon's Christmas. We stayed up far too late the 3 days Kyle's dad was here, but isn't that what vacation is for?

No comments: