May 10, 2008

This Time of Year...

I love this time of year...the weather is consistently between 60-80 degrees and I want to be anywhere but inside my messy, dirty house. But, alas, I must be inside some of the day because I need to get things done like cooking, laundry, and somewhat cleaning. My mom is coming on Monday morning, so I really only have 1 day to get my house cleaned since Sundays are incredibly busy days for us. That day, being today...

Maddox woke me up at 7:15 this morning and I would love to still be asleep. But, motherly duties are far more important than my own, so Maddox and I sat in our "cuddle chair", snacked on some dry cereal and watched "Baby TV". It's included in our satellite TV package, so I thought I'd give it a try. He loved it, a little too much, he didn't unglue his eyes from the TV for 30 minutes. I don't think I'll do that again, I'd rather he be running around learning something!

Well, off to fix some oatmeal for the little guy and clean, clean, clean.

On another note, I'm almost finished with my 3rd hat, but I'm waiting for some new sizes of knitting needles to come in the mail. I ordered them off of ebay yesterday. It's a great deal if you're in the market for knitting needles! I got 2 sets of 12 different size knitting needles (Half circular and half double-pointed) for about $1.20 a set including shipping. You can't get most knitting needles for less than $5 a set and now I have all the sizes I need to do any hat in the book! Woohoo!

No comments: