February 18, 2009

So Confused!

With Maddox, I never had false labor and I never was anxious about when I was going to have him. I expected to have him 2 weeks late, so it was a very pleasant surprise when I went into labor a week early! This time around, it's SO different. As you know, I've been having some-what painful contractions (Braxton Hicks) for over a month. They've progressively gotten more painful and at times I have contractions as painful as after I had already been admitted to the hospital with Maddox! But, I only have 3 at a time and then they taper off to nothing painful.

The nerd in me found this website called Contraction Master where you can use it to time your contractions by pushing the space bar when a contractions starts and ends. I timed my contractions for about 2 hours last night while watching some TV and they were so weird! Some of them were painful, some where not, but one would be 5 min. after my last, the next would be 10. They'd even last for a minute in length. It went in that order for 2 hours! In order to be considered in labor, they need to be painful enough that you can't talk or walk through them (I've had some), they have to be 5-6 min. apart, last for a minute in length and continue for a few hours.

Oh dear me! At least she'll be here within 3 weeks, I do know that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like my experience too! both were so different. and we went through something similar with valen, we thought he would be early or at least on time and he was over a week late! and for a week or so contractions that were hard but then not hard and consistent but then not consistent... ahhh it messes with you huh! God give the mellanders peace of mind!! bring them a healthy perfect baby and a safe delivery!
gwen

Hannah said...

I think it's something to do with the second baby. Not all of my friends have had it, like that, but it seems so common. It makes it so hard to know when you really are!

Anonymous said...

That has to be frustrating to feel like "this could be it!" and then have it fade into nothing... I know that I tried really hard to keep my expectations further out, so the day it actually happened was like a surprise, rather than "finally!". But, it would be more difficult to do that the second time around I imagine. Hang in there... she'll be here soon and we are all praying for you!

Molly