February 20, 2009

The Latest on Miss Juliette

We had our ultrasound today and the Doctor that performed it doesn't seem overly concerned about her size and doesn't seem to think that inducing me a week early is necessary. He said it might be easier if my body was ready, but not that it was necessary. So, I met with a mid-wife afterwards and next Friday at my weekly check-up, I'm going to have them strip my membranes and see if we can get things moving a little more naturally. I would have had her do it today, but since I'm still feeling a bit under the weather and if it did work, I'm not sure I want to be in the throngs of labor while sick. Any whoo....we shall see. Off to pack my bags just in case she shows her beautiful face by surprise this week.


Candice said...

I enjoy your updates Emily. I'm glad to hear all is well and that she is doing good. Probably best to just wait...it seems long I know...but you will have your baby soon!

Nicole said...

I can't wait to see/meet her!!! :-)

Meggie said...

Hang in there girl... this next week will go by so slow, but in the end, you'll be teaching a baby how to nurse! :) Love you girl!