March 4, 2008

Roseola?

So, the fever went away on Saturday and the the rash started on Sunday and it is still here. Poor guy. My mom took one look at him and said, "he has Roseola!" I did some research and sure enough, the symptoms point exactly to that. It's basically a childhood virus that affects kids 6 months to 3 years and they have a fever for 3-7 days followed by a rash for 3-7 days. He's acting his normal self again, thank goodness, and the rash doesn't seem to bother him. I'm glad I didn't rush him to the Dr. for them to tell me that he had something that they couldn't even do anything about!

4 comments:

Jill Pullen said...

I'm glad Maddox is feeling better. Being sick is so lame!

Shelley said...

He's had a rough couple weeks...busted up nose and now this. Well, better to get all that out of the way in one big burst, right?

Hope you are having a great time in the big B!

Katie said...

oh no! Addie had that when she was 7 months old, and it was miserable, and I was newly pregnant. I'm sorry you had to goo through that, but how fun that he was snuggly!

Candice said...

Hey Emily,

If only we could learn about some of these illnesses before we have kids, then we wouldn't worry as much! Both my boys had roseola too, and when Moses had the high fever he also had an ear infection. We went to the ER in the middle of the night because the fever kept climbing even though i was giving him tylenol and motrin...anyways, yeah, it's hard being a mom. One thing is for sure you are much for grateful for your healthy baby after going through a time of sickness.