August 19, 2008

Yesterday Stunk...

bad.

My mom flew in for a short visit on her way home from her Alaskan cruise with my dad on Sunday. Yesterday, I woke up with the flu. Yes, I somehow caught the flu in August! I'm so thankful she was here, she was able to totally take care of Maddox and me all day so that Kyle could still work.

I seriously don't remember the last time I was that sick, though. I woke up at 4am with full body aches and a fever. I laid on the couch all day long and was in and out of sleep and threw up 8 times. Blah.

Thankfully, I woke up feeling awesome this morning and we were able to go out for a few errands. I found a twin bed for Maddox at a consignment furniture store (Kyle and I just need to go buy it and pick it up tomorrow)and dropped off a rocking chair to be consigned. Then, we went to JC Penny and had Maddox's 18 month pictures taken. He was really cooperative and the pictures turned out super cute.

Please be praying tomorrow, we have a home inspection at 1!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh! I am so sorry that yesterday was so icky for you but, wow, God sure has good timing! What a blessing to have your mom there to help out!

Unknown said...

Yuck! Glad you're feeling better! Excited to come see you in guys in October!

Unknown said...

We are going to be in Portland the 9th-12th. Jeff's wedding is on Friday the 10th, so we were originally going to head home Saturday.. But we figured we might as well stay till Sunday since we can. However, if you guys are in the midst of moving and such we will understand if you would rather we didn't stay the night Saturday night. But if we do, we will hang out Saturday, probably half of Sunday, and head home.

Jill Pullen said...

Lame that you were sick! I'm so glad you're better. Yes, I'm selling my hats. unclouded.etsy.com You should sell some too.

Lovetts said...

man are you having a rough time of it! I'm sorry you got the flu but that's great your mom was in town to help. Prayers go out for your home inspection!