March 27, 2009

Sleeping Quirks

Is it weird that Juliette will sleep all night in her bassinet swaddled and during the day she just cries and cries and cries? At night, I swaddle her up and lay her down (usually awake) and she just drifts off to sleep without so much as a peep. Throughout her night feedings, same story. Day time has proven to be a whole different ball game. She'll sleep if we're out and about the whole time in her car seat. But, if nap time rolls around and we're not out, she fusses and fusses and fusses. She falls asleep for nap time upright, on top of me. Once she's asleep, I can lay her on her tummy and she'll sleep great for a few hours. I've just never known a child that has different night and day sleeping habits as far as positions go! I would assume if she was happy in her bassinet at night, she would be happy in there during the day. Or, if she preferred sleeping on her tummy during the day, she would want to be like that at night. I don't get it. Soon, the novelty of rocking her to sleep for naptimes is going to wear off and she's going to need to learn to put herself to sleep :-) But, for now, I'll enjoy the snuggles of my babe.

1 comment:

Nessie said...

She definately sounds like she has already developed her own ways of wanting to do things. How cute! Maybe she'll grow up to very particular about how things are done...lining up all her stuffed animals or sleeping with different blankets, one for night and one for nap, haha. It'll be really fun to watch her develope into her own little person :-)