January 19, 2009

"The Creative Family"



My totally rad sister-in-law Shelley bought me this book for Christmas, The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections by Amanda Blake Soule. Maddox has expressed creativity and a natural ability to draw, much like his friend Dahlia. I mentioned to Shelley that I wanted to encourage creativity in my kids as they grow up, so she took that as a cue to find me an awesome book for Christmas. I just finished it yesterday and was so impressed by it. Amanda Soule doesn't say that you, as the parent, need to have a natural talent for creativity, but the important thing is that you take the time to create in whatever area you enjoy and create times for your kids to use their imaginations to create things as well.

Any way, I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

awh! I am so glad you like it so much! I can't wait to see what you create with Maddox and Juliette! Love you!